Before the Session
During the Session
- What are some of the different ways that the makeup of the lender group can change over the life of the loan?
- What is meant by “Sacred Rights”?
- Why do credit agreements have covenants and Events of Default sections?
- What are some of the standard affirmative covenants found in most loan agreements? What about the standard negative covenants?
- What kinds of exceptions do the parties sometimes negotiate to negative covenants?
- What kinds of covenants are typically excluded from covenant-lite loans?
- What purpose do financial covenants serve in lending agreements? What are some common financial covenants?
- What are some of the more common Events of Default?
- When an Event of Default happens, what are some of the lender’s options?
- How do Defaults differ from Events of Default?
Part 2: Group Exercise
- Anecdotes and war stories (e.g., about a near-disaster or a tough negotiation)
- General practice tips (dos and don’ts)
- Firm-specific guidance and practices
After the Session
Hotshot helps lawyers develop their legal, business, and technology skills through short videos, quizzes, and summaries, and we help law firms and law schools plan and deliver engaging training programs. Our customers include Am Law 200 firms, top law schools, and regional and international firms.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in a free consultation about remote training for your firm.
Log in or sign up at www.hotshotlegal.com.