Before the Session
During the Session
- What are the different standards of review applied by appellate courts and when is each one applied?
- What are some parts of an appellate brief that are not included in a lower court brief?
- What are some strategies you can use to frame your Issues Presented favorably?
- What might you consider when deciding which arguments are the best to include?
- What are some strategies for presenting the facts in your appellate brief effectively?
- What are some things you can do to make it easy for the appellate judge to follow your arguments?
- Anecdotes and war stories (e.g., about a near-disaster or a tough negotiation)
- General practice tips (dos and don’ts)
- Firm-specific guidance and practices
After the Session
Hotshot helps lawyers develop their legal, business, and technology skills through short videos, quizzes, and summaries, and we help law firms and law schools plan and deliver engaging training programs. Our customers include Am Law 200 firms, top law schools, and regional and international firms.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in a free consultation about remote training for your firm.
Log in or sign up at www.hotshotlegal.com.