- Accounting & Finance
- Remote or in person
- General description and structure
- The balance sheet equation
- The structure of a balance sheet
- Shareholders’ Equity
Before the Session
Prepare the Attendees
Send the attendees an invitation for the session. Include this link, which has the videos and exercise they’ll need to prepare.
Watch the videos and read the exercise so you’re familiar with the Hotshot material.
An introduction to balance sheets, including an explanation of the balance sheet equation and descriptions of assets, liabilities and shareholders’ equity.
During the Session
- What’s the purpose of a balance sheet?
- What period does a balance sheet cover?
- What are some examples of current assets? Non-current assets?
- What are some examples of current liabilities? Non-current liabilities?
- Describe the shareholders’ equity portion of a balance sheet.
- Anecdotes and war stories (e.g., about a near-disaster or a tough negotiation)
- General practice tips (dos and don’ts)
- Firm-specific guidance and practices
After the Session
Hotshot helps lawyers develop their legal, business, and technology skills through short videos, quizzes, and summaries, and we help law firms and law schools plan and deliver engaging training programs. Our customers include Am Law 200 firms, top law schools, and regional and international firms.
Contact us at email@example.com if you’re interested in a free consultation about remote training for your firm.
Log in or sign up at www.hotshotlegal.com.